Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Computers & Peripherals => Topic started by: Ellis Vener on October 20, 2011, 11:25:06 am
-
I am using the following mission critical photo and business related software (all current) :
i1 Profiler, Lightroom 3.5, Photoshop & Bridge CS 5 Extended, Capture One Pro v6, PtGui Pro 9.x, Helicon Focus, Eizo Color Navigator 6, BlinkBid, and DROBO
-
10.7 was fine for me. Ran it for a few weeks no problem.
I just updated to 10.7.2 and now my canon won't connect to EOS utility or C1.
Not 100% sure it's the update but pretty sure it is.
-
Thanks DeeJay.
-
Hi Ellis,
I'm running all of those save for:
PtGui Pro 9.x, Helicon Focus, Eizo Color Navigator 6 and DROBO
with no problems.
Best,
Ed
-
Works with everything except Canon - DPP and EOS Utility - so have kept one location computer on 10.6.8 for that
-
How about with Canon's iPF export module in Photoshop?
-
Older versions of EOS Utility (mine was 2.7.2) worked fine with 10.7 and 10.7.1
The update, 10.7.2 however does not work with it now. I'm reverting back to Snow Leopard for my computers I shoot with.
Otherwise, I've read nothing bad reviews about Lion. I love it. Think it's a great evolution and I look forward to being able to use it fully again.
-
How about with Canon's iPF export module in Photoshop?
Canon has updated the drivers and related software and firmware for the x300 series printers, updates for the iPF x000, and x100 printers to come. I haven't installed OS X 7.0 or 7.2 yet so I cannot verify if they work under 7 or 7.2.
-
x100 drivers were released 3 weeks ago. Everything (including the the PS plug in) works fine with 10.7.2.
EOS Utility v2.8.1 (but not later versions I understand) continues to work with 10.7.2.
-
Take the smart approach Ellis and dip your toe in first.
I'm cloning my trouble free 10.6.8 boot drive to an external then running a full Time Machine backup. Then I'll try upgrading to 10.7.2. I run most of same apps as you and a few more. If I run into an show stoppers in Lion I'll just boot to the external clone keep working.
I'm not going near Lion server, it's still useless after the .2 update. I'm sticking with Snow Leopard server until Apple releases something that actually works.
A good place to get an idea of how well Lion is working is right in Apple's back yard.
https://discussions.apple.com/community/mac_os/mac_os_x_v10.7_lion
-
Thank you K.C., That is good advice all the way around, much appreciated.
-
Reverting back to Snowy as Lion wont let Lightroom see my 5D Mk1 tethered. However my 1Dsll works just fine , but I need a backup, just in case the worst happens. Adobe state the problem is with the Canon drivers, not being updated. I suspect that they are PPC drivers and with no Rosetta support they just don't work. Same with Canon utilities under 10.7.