Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Colour Management => Topic started by: RFPhotography on October 18, 2011, 04:04:27 pm

Title: Fiery RGB
Post by: RFPhotography on October 18, 2011, 04:04:27 pm
Anyone know where I can get a copy of the Fiery RGB ICC profile? 

Thanks.
Title: Re: Fiery RGB
Post by: yannb on October 20, 2011, 10:25:20 am
Hello,

I've sent you a pm.

Regards,
Yann
Title: Re: Fiery RGB
Post by: RFPhotography on October 20, 2011, 10:32:38 am
Outstanding!  Replied to your PM.  Thanks.
Title: Re: Fiery RGB
Post by: stamper on October 21, 2011, 04:13:26 am
Is this a secret among yourselves or can the members of the forum be informed of what the Fiery RGB ICC profile is? :)
Title: Re: Fiery RGB
Post by: RFPhotography on October 21, 2011, 07:20:54 am
It's a profile used by the Fiery RIP which is used in digital printing with some Xerox machines.  Maybe others, but I know Xerox.  I'm working with a printer to get some business cards made and needed to soft proof my design against the profile as it's the default profile for the machine this printer uses.
Title: Re: Fiery RGB
Post by: stamper on October 21, 2011, 07:40:57 am
It isn't any good as a profile for general use then?
Title: Re: Fiery RGB
Post by: RFPhotography on October 21, 2011, 09:01:50 am
Uh, no.
Title: Re: Fiery RGB
Post by: stamper on October 21, 2011, 09:46:19 am
Thanks. I thought maybe there was a new profile that would magically bring life to my images. ;D So the search goes on. ;)