Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: BernardLanguillier on October 18, 2011, 04:12:13 am

Title: Autopano Giga 2.6beta4
Post by: BernardLanguillier on October 18, 2011, 04:12:13 am
Dear panorama shooters,

I have been playing for a few days with the beta4 of Autopano giga 2.6 and must say that I am impressed.

I am seeing a lot less stitching artifacts and it seems that the software is even faster than in 2.5. A quick sample computed last night.

(http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6211/6254131892_9a8864390d_o.jpg)

On top of that, they have now implemented their Fusion HDR algo, but I have not had the opportunity to try it yet.

Along with the recent developments of PTgui Pro 9.1, these are exciting times for those interested in large prints! :)

Cheers,
Bernard
Title: Re: Autopano Giga 2.6beta4
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 18, 2011, 10:26:08 am
So I assume each leaf was a separate capture and the Beta4 stiched all 5283 captures in 2.3 seconds on a Kaypro with 64KB of ram...

Another lovely shot, Bernard. And some day I'm going to have to try my hand at this stitching business, too. You make it look so easy.

Cheers,

Eric
Title: Re: Autopano Giga 2.6beta4
Post by: BernardLanguillier on October 18, 2011, 10:28:54 am
So I assume each leaf was a separate capture and the Beta4 stiched all 5283 captures in 2.3 seconds on a Kaypro with 64KB of ram...

Another lovely shot, Bernard. And some day I'm going to have to try my hand at this stitching business, too. You make it look so easy.

It is easy, I didn't spend more than 2 mins to get this result. :)

At most 25 mouse clicks.

Cheers,
Bernard
Title: Re: Autopano Giga 2.6beta4
Post by: francois on October 18, 2011, 11:34:09 am
It is easy, I didn't spend more than 2 mins to get this result. :)

At most 25 mouse clicks.

Cheers,
Bernard


Bernard,
Do you know if the Autopano team plans something along PTGui grid mode? I've tried PTGui grid mode with large expanses of sky and the results are excellent.
Title: Re: Autopano Giga 2.6beta4
Post by: quismond on October 19, 2011, 03:22:18 pm
Very nice photo. How many originals did you use for the stitch and what size is the final file?

Merçi/Arigato!
Title: Re: Autopano Giga 2.6beta4
Post by: BernardLanguillier on October 22, 2011, 09:14:36 pm
Bernard,
Do you know if the Autopano team plans something along PTGui grid mode? I've tried PTGui grid mode with large expanses of sky and the results are excellent.

Bonjour Francois,

They already have that for automated pano heads generating an XML file with information about head position, sorry I do not know whether they intend to release a more generic capability a la PTGui Pro.

Cheers,
Bernard
Title: Re: Autopano Giga 2.6beta4
Post by: BernardLanguillier on October 22, 2011, 09:17:32 pm
Very nice photo. How many originals did you use for the stitch and what size is the final file?

Merçi/Arigato!

Hi there,

This is a small pano made up of 3 rows of 3 images. It was shot with a 60mm f2.8 macro lens on a D7000.

This is a 60+ megapixel image, print size would be 40x28 inch at 240 DPI.

Cheers,
Bernard