Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Josh-H on October 15, 2011, 06:14:37 am

Title: Inversion - Svartifoss Iceland
Post by: Josh-H on October 15, 2011, 06:14:37 am
Svartifoss Waterfall in the Skaftafell National Park. One of the first landscapes I did with the Canon 17mm TSE F4L lens more than a year ago (but only just got around to processing it and making a print).   ;D

Enjoy :)
Title: Re: Inversion - Svartifoss Iceland
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on October 15, 2011, 08:11:44 am
Nice.  Looks like it was dark enough for you to get smooth water flow since the TS-E 17L does not admit filters.  (I shot Svartifoss with the TS-E 24L II.)
Title: Re: Inversion - Svartifoss Iceland
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 15, 2011, 05:20:31 pm
Nice shot of Svartifoss, Josh.

And congratulations on your nice spread in the new B&W+Color magazine!

Eric
Title: Re: Inversion - Svartifoss Iceland
Post by: Josh-H on October 15, 2011, 05:29:23 pm
Nice shot of Svartifoss, Josh.

And congratulations on your nice spread in the new B&W+Color magazine!

Eric

Thanks Eric.

I didn't actually know that B&W + Color magazine had been released and gone on sale. I new it was coming as they told me I had won a spotlight Portfolio award; but I haven't seen it as yet!  ::)

Rajan - Yes, I was at Svartifoss quite early on a day that was very overcast. I was able to shoot the falls at pretty much the ideal 8th of a second at F11 without filters. I can't remember what degree of tilt I had set on the 17mm, but I am guessing it was around a degree or so given I stopped down as far as F11 to ensure I had enough depth of field top to bottom. Then again, I may have just stopped down to get to 8th of a second - I can't remember.  ;D
Title: Re: Inversion - Svartifoss Iceland
Post by: Rendezvous on October 15, 2011, 11:17:22 pm
Nice image capture.
Title: Re: Inversion - Svartifoss Iceland
Post by: francois on October 16, 2011, 12:04:43 pm
Svartifoss Waterfall in the Skaftafell National Park. One of the first landscapes I did with the Canon 17mm TSE F4L lens more than a year ago (but only just got around to processing it and making a print).   ;D

Enjoy :)

Very nice image, you put your 17 mm to very good use. The last time I was there, wind was blowing pretty hard and I struggled to only get sharp images. I ran out of towels to clean the front element…
Title: Re: Inversion - Svartifoss Iceland
Post by: Jose L on October 16, 2011, 02:53:18 pm
Bonita toma de un lugar que debe ser muy bello. Enhorabuena y saludos