Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: FrankG on October 14, 2011, 09:24:44 pm
-
CS4 & Mac OSX (10.5)
Does anyone know how to delete or edit metadata properties in Tif files.
Mainly editing the camera, lens, exposure info etc
I tried to delete them under the advanced tab by highlighting them and clicking the trash icon, but I can't seem to Save the deleted version and the next time the file is opened the camera description tab with all the metadata about exposure, camera model etc is back again
I know that one solution is to Select all >copy & open a new blank document (of same size & bit depth) >paste, but I hoped there'd be a simple and quicker way.
Preferably something where I can run a folder of images in Batch mode.
I also tried XnView & it works great to clean metadata in Jpegs but not Tifs
Thanks
-
Exiftool does the job nicely and is easy to batch on the command line in Terminal.
But you might need to check the structure of your TIFFs first:
http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/faq.html#Q7
cheers
afx
-
I don't mean to be picky but I need a simple gui. The terminal etc is beyond me
-
Lightroom? Export, and choose Minimize Metadata.