Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: JimGoshorn on October 14, 2011, 09:54:56 am

Title: Colorspaces & Virtual Copies Q
Post by: JimGoshorn on October 14, 2011, 09:54:56 am
Are virtual copies tagged with a colorspace or do they use the colorspace of the original file? I ask because I created some PSD grayscale files in the ProPhoto colorspace and some of them had virtual copies which are cropped for printing. Then I remembered that for use with Epson's AWB mode, Jeff Schewe recommended having the colorspace in sRGB because the driver expects the data that way. I went back and changed the colorspace to sRGB in the original PSD files but I wonder if I have to recreate the virtual copies so that they will print correctly.

Thanks!

Jim
Title: Re: Colorspaces & Virtual Copies Q
Post by: digitaldog on October 14, 2011, 11:47:45 am
For rendered images, the embedded colorspace should carry over. Of course, any LR processing will use LR's internal color space for processing.
Title: Re: Colorspaces & Virtual Copies Q
Post by: JimGoshorn on October 14, 2011, 01:58:14 pm
By embedded, you mean on the virtual copy regardless of what the original file is set to?

Jim
Title: Re: Colorspaces & Virtual Copies Q
Post by: madmanchan on October 14, 2011, 04:54:05 pm
Hi Jim, yes, for the virtual copy the embedded color space of the source (original, non-virtual) image will carry over.