Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Colour Management => Topic started by: tony22 on October 13, 2011, 07:01:49 pm
-
I see a Custom option when I go to select paper size for printing out test targets, but it seems to be stuck on "Custom 8.5" x 11"". Does i1P allow for defining a true custom paper size? If so, how is it done?
-
When you click on "test chart" tab, then on "page setup" - > scroll to the top select custom paper size.
Two slider controls should appear to change target page size.
Than when you click the actual Print button you need to select correct page size in you printer driver.
I never print from profiling apps, because I don't trust them. And I also delete all printer ICC profiles in windows color management tab, then I print from older photoshop with "no color management"
You will not be able to select smaller than 127x127 page size.
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=58092.0
That is why it is better to use colorport v2 with a hack I mentioned. You import your i1Profiler patch set to colorport and measure it in colorport, then export as Profilemaker XRGA and plug the data into i1Profiler.
-
I never print from profiling apps, because I don't trust them.
Thanks smilem. But, at least in the case of i1Profiler, has there been any indication that it is not printing targets properly?
-
Thanks smilem. But, at least in the case of i1Profiler, has there been any indication that it is not printing targets properly?
I have not tried to print from i1profiler I do not know. I think it is better to be safe and print from photoshop CS3 etc with "no color management".
-
You should try to build optimization profile with chart generator generate some patches and add 256 grays I made as spot colors to the mix.
-
You should try to build optimization profile with chart generator generate some patches and add 256 grays I made as spot colors to the mix.
I was actually thinking about doing this, but hesitated only because of stuff I've read here and at another site suggesting that Optimization doesn't do much if you start with a test print that has enough patches (something like over 1200 or something).
-
If you used 1727 patch target, then I doubt the 256grays would decrease the profile quality, since the 1727 patch target does not contain 256grays to begin with.
-
Sure, I'll give it a try. Is there a link that can help me through this?
-
It's very simple, you just select optimize profile from main menu, then select the profile from the list you want to optimize.
Follow the on screen instructions, generate some patches using "smart patch generator", then at the "spot colors" load the 256grays txt file.
Print and measure the target.
However if your print changes to a noticeable amount you can't optimize the print, you need to make new profile from scratch.
Optimization can only be performed if the print is stable.