Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Colour Management => Topic started by: smilem on October 13, 2011, 06:53:08 pm

Title: Printfab for windows or new heights for color management?
Post by: smilem on October 13, 2011, 06:53:08 pm
Hi, I notices that a program that was available for MAC for quite some time is in beta stage for Windows.
It is called printfab, while it seems to be ported from linux and still contains quite a few bugs I think that this small and simple RIP should increase any small inkjet because unlike big RIP companies they support even multifunction printers :)

You can build your own profiles for it, however it seems not all features will be available like it is mentioned in user guide.
Has anyone tried the new windows version?

P.S. the current beta 0.87-2 contains bug that does not allow low ink limit to be set like 100,125 only from 150 to 300.
On my printer paper combo I'm unable to test it at the moment because the media I'm using gets to much ink !
Title: Re: Printfab for windows or new heights for color management?
Post by: rhnz on November 12, 2011, 01:14:51 am
I've tried printfab with a Canon printer that sits beside me and the results have been very good. I made a couple of profiles using profilemaker 5 and an i1. I'm quite interested in it because, like every other rip , it gives the end user a great degree of control over the way the ink is applied to the page and, most importantly, it offers the potential to print panos from printers like the 9000 and 9500 MkII. Very interested to know if anyone here has played with custom page sizes for the 9500.
Title: Re: Printfab for windows or new heights for color management?
Post by: smilem on November 12, 2011, 06:10:32 pm
As far as I know no software allows to print normal long panoramas from canon printers :(
I'm looking forward to building my profiles the target is nearly ready.
Title: Re: Printfab for windows or new heights for color management?
Post by: fetish on November 13, 2011, 04:12:45 am
They dont have drivers for the 11880.  :-\
nor most x880 and x900 printers for that matter.
Title: Re: Printfab for windows or new heights for color management?
Post by: NikoJorj on November 14, 2011, 10:59:55 am
most importantly, it offers the potential to print panos from printers like the 9000 and 9500 MkII.
That is interesting indeed!
But on PrintFab's site, they still say 'max paper size 14"x23"' (see http://www.zedonet.com/en_p_pfwin_driver.phtml?printer=Canon_PIXMA_Pro9500II ) - does the fine print line 'license PrintFab L / PrintFab Pro required to use the maximum print size' mean that these versions can indeed overpass the 23" paper length limit?