Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: mstevensphoto on October 13, 2011, 11:18:52 am
-
Hi all,
I'm generally in love with my ipf 8300 but printing broderless 8x10's on a 10" roll makes me batty. The printer overprints by about an 8th of an inch - fine. Then it cuts off 4" of paper to compensate. using 66% of a roll of paper is a terrible waste of money, paper and patience. is there any way to tell the printer to cut of 1/2" instead of 4" why does it have to waste such a huge strip of paper?
thanks for your ideas
Mark
-
Hi Mark,
A lot of people have complained about similar problems. I will assume that you are using the Canon print Plug-in, if not ignore this. (I use a Mac by the way, the pc is probably similar).
There can probably be several different causes for your problem but when I had a similar problem this is what I had to do. Under "page setup" there is a section called "paper source" which in this case is roll paper. There is also the button in that section for "roll paper options..." click on that button and a pop-up box will appear. There is an option in that dialog box which reads "No spaces at Top or Bottom (conserve paper)"
If the box is already checked good luck, I haven't helped, but if it isn't checked give it a try.
DDeloof