Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: robgo2 on October 12, 2011, 01:54:05 pm
-
I use Capture One and RPP for raw conversions and do all printing out of CS5 on an Epson 3880. I use a Mac running OS 10.6.8. I am looking for a simple print layout program for printing multiple images on a single page. Capture One has a limited facility for doing this, but I need something with more flexibility. Any recommendations will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Rob
-
Many LuLa-forum members favor QImage, but it's only in a Win version. But works well under Parallels.
/Sven
-
QImage is the one you want! Nothing even comes close to the flexibility this program offers for printing photographs and other easy selective editing.
If you are absolutely sure you only want easy print layouts, you can buy their retired QImage Lite for $35. Their current main product Qimage Ultimate does the layouts and so-so much more for $90,and it must be run under parallels for a Mac. Here is where they have their product feature differences.
http://www.ddisoftware.com/qimage-u/features.htm
Also, check out their free video pages to show you how easy it is to make your custom layouts and use other features in the Qimage family (although most of the videos are geared toward Ultimate) here:
http://www.ddisoftware.com/qimage-u/learn.htm
Just so you know in advance - if you want to upgrade from any retired program to their current ultimate - there is NO DISCOUNT! You will pay full price ($90) for the current version even though you already paid ($35-$80)for the retired version (Mike explains why this has to be on the site) - so CHOOSE WISELY.
There is a 14 day free trial (with limitations) on their site. (http://www.ddisoftware.com/qimage-u/downloads.htm)
Jpegman
-
Lightroom.
-
What printer are you using?
-
Another +1 for QImage, I was amazed at the functionality
-
I use LR (mostly sheets) and Mirage, works best for my printing.
Mirage is here:
http://youtu.be/du-idLkGvMw?hd=1 (http://youtu.be/du-idLkGvMw?hd=1)
http://mirage.dinax.de/index.php/start-43.html (http://mirage.dinax.de/index.php/start-43.html)
Sven
-
QImage is the one you want! Nothing even comes close to the flexibility this program offers for printing photographs and other easy selective editing.
If you are absolutely sure you only want easy print layouts, you can buy their retired QImage Lite for $35. Their current main product Qimage Ultimate does the layouts and so-so much more for $90,and it must be run under parallels for a Mac. Here is where they have their product feature differences.
http://www.ddisoftware.com/qimage-u/features.htm
Also, check out their free video pages to show you how easy it is to make your custom layouts and use other features in the Qimage family (although most of the videos are geared toward Ultimate) here:
http://www.ddisoftware.com/qimage-u/learn.htm
Just so you know in advance - if you want to upgrade from any retired program to their current ultimate - there is NO DISCOUNT! You will pay full price ($90) for the current version even though you already paid ($35-$80)for the retired version (Mike explains why this has to be on the site) - so CHOOSE WISELY.
There is a 14 day free trial (with limitations) on their site. (http://www.ddisoftware.com/qimage-u/downloads.htm)
Jpegman
The recommendations for Qimage are understood, but it would requiring buying Parallels, Windows and Qimage. I would like to find a solution that works with the Mac OS.
Rob
-
What printer are you using?
Epson 3880.
Rob
-
I have downloaded a trial version of ImageNest that seems to have all of the features that I need. Does it work? It is certainly less expensive than Mirage.
Rob
-
Lightroom.
+1
C1, PS and LR play very nicely together to create a very trouble free workflow for me from import/keywording etc, raw conversion and output to files or prints.
-
+1
C1, PS and LR play very nicely together to create a very trouble free workflow for me from import/keywording etc, raw conversion and output to files or prints.
I have been using Expression Media for importing and cataloging. I hate the idea of buying LR just for occasional page layout and printing. How much flexibility does it offer in terms of page layout? C1 can serve the purpose, if you can limit yourself to fixed rows and columns. Increasingly, I am using RPP for serious raw conversions, so even C1 is seeing less use than previously. (RPP is in a league of its own, as far as I'm concerned.) It's a shame that CS5 does not have sophisticated image nesting capabilities.
Rob
Rob
-
I have downloaded a trial version of ImageNest that seems to have all of the features that I need. Does it work? It is certainly less expensive than Mirage.
Rob
I have been experimenting with ImageNest. Page layout is very fast and intuitive, but for unclear reasons, the print colors are way off. I am using custom profiles created by Eric Chan that work great when printing from CS5 and Capture One. Strangely, the soft proof image within ImageNest looks fine, so there seems to be a problem with how the profile is being handled in the printing process. I am in communication with ImageNest's technical support on this issue, but clearly I will not be making a purchase unless it can be resolved.
Rob