Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: NigelC on October 11, 2011, 12:13:17 pm

Title: Green lines in shadow areas on Epson 3800
Post by: NigelC on October 11, 2011, 12:13:17 pm
Any ideas why I should get green banding in shadow areas - just done two very dissimiliar prints and they both have a pattern of quite fine green lines/bands, parallel to the short side of the paper, generally only in the shadow areas. However, one of the two prints, a sunset over the sea, has evidence of this pattern all over the darker side of the print. Never seen this before. Went back and checked raw files on screen at 100% and nothing, so must be a printer artefact. Can't think of anything I'm doing in PP which would cause this, eg, sharpening.

Camera in this case is Panasonic LX3 - quite small enlargements (7x5). Paper is Harman FBmatt using Harmans profile for this printer and Epson watercolour setting, matte black ink, all printer colour management turned off.

Haven't used printer for a bit so I just gave all the cartridges a shake before printing.

Any ideas?
Title: Re: Green lines in shadow areas on Epson 3800
Post by: NigelC on October 11, 2011, 01:04:33 pm
Nozzle check indicated in need of head clean - be a few days now before I can reprint and check if that was cause.