Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: Jeremy Roussak on October 11, 2011, 03:32:26 am
-
From today's Daily Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/earthpicturegalleries/8817882/Shades-of-Nature-wildlife-photographed-in-black-and-white-by-Heinrich-van-den-Berg.html).
Enjoy. I did.
Jeremy
-
Thanks! Some good work there.
Mike.
-
Have you seen the work of Nick Brandt? Fabulous! I am not a wildlife photographer, but when I saw his book I just had to have it. If you love monochrome portraiture I think you will also like his work.
http://www.nickbrandt.com/
Jim
-
Great stuff, Jeremy. Thanks.
-
Have you seen the work of Nick Brandt? Fabulous! I am not a wildlife photographer, but when I saw his book I just had to have it. If you love monochrome portraiture I think you will also like his work.
http://www.nickbrandt.com/
Jim
I have, thanks: someone here recommended it a while ago. It's staggering. I think I commented at the time that when I looked at it, I didn't know whether to feel inspired or to despair.
Jeremy
-
From today's Daily Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/earthpicturegalleries/8817882/Shades-of-Nature-wildlife-photographed-in-black-and-white-by-Heinrich-van-den-Berg.html).
Enjoy. I did.
Jeremy
Thanks for posting. Some of the photos are stunning.
-
Have you seen the work of Nick Brandt? Fabulous! I am not a wildlife photographer, but when I saw his book I just had to have it. If you love monochrome portraiture I think you will also like his work.
http://www.nickbrandt.com/
Jim
Fantastic work, thanks for sharing.
Brandt's photography captures the true essence of "the hand of man" in nature: death and destruction.
35,000 elephants killed a year. A 90% drop in the lion population (http://www.nickbrandt.com/Text_page.cfm?pID=4511). Wow. Sad.
Credit to this fellow for trying to do something about it,
Jack
.
-
From today's Daily Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/earthpicturegalleries/8817882/Shades-of-Nature-wildlife-photographed-in-black-and-white-by-Heinrich-van-den-Berg.html).
Enjoy. I did.
Jeremy
IMO Jeremy, there is no such thing as B&W or Color photography, its only photography! If photography is an art, the artist must control the information included, if unnecessary info is been left it can only distract from the message intended. In all those (superb) photos color (if included) would distract our attention from the photographers aim. IMO Bob Dylan and Neil Young were the masters of orchestrating..., they could wright a song with just a guitar and a harmonica and yet in the same album, on just the next song, they could use a full symphony orchestra! IMO art has related codes no matter the art... Thanks for posting this. Regards, Theodoros. www.fotometria.gr