Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Mark F on October 10, 2011, 09:36:53 am
-
Many of my thumbnails have the "metadata changed message" even though these images have never been opened in any program other than LR. I have read that a way to eliminate this is to check off the "Automatically write changes to XMP" box in the catalog settings menu. Will doing this have any unintended side effects? I do most of my editing in LR, using CS4 for soft proofing and the occasional tweak that LR doesn't handle.
Sorry the attachment is so small but clicking on it makes the image larger.
Thanks.
-
I'd ignore the message - I don't find it very reliable. So do a Ctrl S (Cmd S if on Mac) and write the metadata back to the files. Hopefully that'll clear the exclamation mark.
Leave the automatic setting on. Although it doesn't save all your work, it offers a second-class backup in addition to regular backups of the catalogue file.
John