Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Colour Management => Topic started by: TAZZY9899 on October 10, 2011, 12:27:32 am

Title: Ilford canned paper profiles for Epson R2880
Post by: TAZZY9899 on October 10, 2011, 12:27:32 am
I have downloaded and have been using the canned R2880 profiles for Gallarie Smooth Pearl and Gold Fiber Silk and I am not totally convinced. Has anyone else had problems with their output being too dark and hues under saturated.  I am using a Spyder 3 Elite at 90cmd and  printing out of  Capture NX2.6. TAZZ
Title: Re: Ilford canned paper profiles for Epson R2880
Post by: octagon on October 10, 2011, 01:51:28 am
The Ilford canned profiles are not great in my experience- not bad, but custom profiles can be more neutral, much better in the shadows and more saturated.
Title: Re: Ilford canned paper profiles for Epson R2880
Post by: John S C on October 10, 2011, 05:48:16 am
I have in general found the Ilford profiles to be not so bad. Printing out of Photoshop ( soft proofing) the match isn't bad at all. A custom profile is better, but for canned profiles these are OK.
Title: Re: Ilford canned paper profiles for Epson R2880
Post by: pikeys on October 10, 2011, 09:19:24 am
   I did have an few issues with the canned profiles for Smooth Pearl......in some of my images,it needed a increase in the darker areas..I no longer use Ilford profiles.. instead,
I recommend you contact Eric Chan,he has built a few profiles for me,and they are perfect.

Here is the link :
     http://people.csail.mit.edu/ericchan/photos/profiles.html


Hope this helps,
Mike


Title: Re: Ilford canned paper profiles for Epson R2880
Post by: digitaldog on October 10, 2011, 10:39:08 am
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/tutorials/why_are_my_prints_too_dark.shtml