Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Colour Management => Topic started by: tony22 on October 09, 2011, 12:37:59 pm
-
I was going to start using i1P to develop some printer profiles and a question popped up from the get-go. In the X-Rite help video (on youtube) it seems that if you have a multicolor inkjet like a Canon Pro9000 (which I have), you should select RGB. But I see my Canon device listed in the dropdown list. Should I be selecting that instead?
-
You profile this as an RGB output device.
-
Sigh. Does that mean if I had already printed out the targets using my printer as the selected device I have to do that again?
-
No, because i1P already knows your printer is an RGB device.
-
Thanks octo. Then I'm curious: why does the the Device Selection list even contain the actual printers, and not just RGB and the CMY variants?
-
Thanks octo. Then I'm curious: why does the the Device Selection list even contain the actual printers, and not just RGB and the CMY variants?
Most likely to assist people in choosing the correct setting for the printer they have by default (ie, if you have a CMYK inkjet, you may be tempted to choose the CMYK Printer selection instead of the RGB Printer - presumable X-Rite checks the driver to see what sort of data it accepts first!)