Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: CoyoteButtes on October 08, 2011, 09:45:17 pm

Title: Multiple xmp Sidecar Files for One Image File?
Post by: CoyoteButtes on October 08, 2011, 09:45:17 pm
I have noticed Lightroom telling me that I have unsaved metadata with some image files in Library Mode, Grid View. So I highlight the relevant image files and save metadata.

Then I go to the Finder and note that I am getting multiple xmp files associated with some of my image files. Why is this happening?

Other than converting nef files to dng files (I stubbornly don't want to), what would be the best approach to correcting this?

Mac OS X 10.7.1

LR 3.5

Thanks,

Stan
Title: Re: Multiple xmp Sidecar Files for One Image File?
Post by: john beardsworth on October 09, 2011, 02:55:19 am
Screenshot?
Title: Re: Multiple xmp Sidecar Files for One Image File?
Post by: Steve House on October 11, 2011, 09:11:20 am
Are you perhaps making virtual copies so you can use different processing on them, a color version and a B&W version of the same image, for example?
Title: Re: Multiple xmp Sidecar Files for One Image File?
Post by: john beardsworth on October 11, 2011, 09:17:10 am
Unlikely. VCs don't produce sidecars, and in fact LR doesn't save any VC metadata to external XMP.
Title: Re: Multiple xmp Sidecar Files for One Image File?
Post by: CoyoteButtes on October 13, 2011, 02:10:04 pm
Gents, thanks. I'll get some screenshots up when the insanity index here dies down a bit.

Stan