Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Computers & Peripherals => Topic started by: John.Murray on October 05, 2011, 10:17:49 pm
-
“Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life, don’t be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.”
-
RIP Steve......
-
“Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life, don’t be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.”
Very sad time for the entire industry. It’s as if he held on for the first keynote to be hosted by Tim Cook, to see if he’d left the company in good hands.
-
There's a movie out called... 'The Pirates of Silicon Valley' or something like that - about the early days of Bill vs. Steve, Windows, Apple and the Mac, etc. Interesting movie.
Mike.
-
Very sad time for the entire industry. It’s as if he held on for the first keynote to be hosted by Tim Cook, to see if he’d left the company in good hands.
Kinda was I was thinking. RIP Steve
-
This time next year, I might just dress in jeans & black turtle neck pullover, just as I carry a towel on the 25th May each year
-
Thanks John... Steve was one of my all time heroes (I began with the Apple II and was hooked) and he will be missed by many. End of last June, I send him an email about some concerns I had about iWeb and he took the time to personally answer me in a short email sent from his iPhone in the wee hours of the morning.
Eleanor
“Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life, don’t be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.”
-
A life lived well. He will forever leave us better.
His visions were his lasting gifts.
-
What Steve wrought. (http://pindelski.org/Photography/2011/10/06/what-steve-wrought/)
-
"I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference."
Robert Frost anticipated Steve.
RIP Steve Jobs you sure made my life easier.
-
What Steve wrought. (http://pindelski.org/Photography/2011/10/06/what-steve-wrought/)
Thanks for posting that Rajan. Certainly speaks to the contention that a picture is worth a thousand words!