Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Nick Rains on October 05, 2011, 06:21:25 pm
-
Can anyone point me to a list of metadata field names that show the equivalent field names in different apps such as Lightroom, Photo Mechanic, Bridge, Aperture, Media Pro etc. For example, I'm getting a bit tired of some apps using 'Caption' and some 'Description', LR3 even uses both depending on which view you are in - very confusing.
Creator = Author?
Headline = Title?
Caption = Description?
and any others
I thought these things were supposed to be standards! :-\
-
Nick
A slightly dated fields comparison pdf can be found on David Riecks 'Controlled Vocabulary' website at http://www.controlledvocabulary.com/imagedatabases/iptc_core_mapped.pdf (http://www.controlledvocabulary.com/imagedatabases/iptc_core_mapped.pdf).
The official definitions of the IPTC Core and Extension fields can be found on the IPTC website at http://www.iptc.org/site/Photo_Metadata/IPTC_Core_&_Extension/ (http://www.iptc.org/site/Photo_Metadata/IPTC_Core_&_Extension/) This website includes the official standard for the fields http://www.iptc.org/std/photometadata/specification/IPTC-PhotoMetadata-201007_1.pdf (http://www.iptc.org/std/photometadata/specification/IPTC-PhotoMetadata-201007_1.pdf) and a more readable guide to the Photoshop file info panel fields, written by David Riecks, at http://www.iptc.org/std/photometadata/documentation/IPTC-CS5-FileInfo-UserGuide_6.pdf (http://www.iptc.org/std/photometadata/documentation/IPTC-CS5-FileInfo-UserGuide_6.pdf)
I hope these links are of use.
Regards
Nigel