Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: David Eichler on October 02, 2011, 05:28:53 am
-
Just updated to Lightroom 3.5 and it appears to have fixed what was a significant problem for me: unresponsiveness with the clone/heal tool when also applying the new distortion correction features. Not sure what they did. They didn't say they fixed this, but thanks, Adobe. Took them long enough though.
-
Hi David, yes, 3.5 does include an improved memory caching system for dealing with geometric adjustments (like distortion) in combination with the spot/retouch tools. Glad you're finding that it helps.
-
Definitely a major improvement there along with major increase of the performance using the Detail controls.
Thanks to everyone for that. I expect things to really fly once I've upgraded to a 64 bit OS.
:)
-
Hi David, yes, 3.5 does include an improved memory caching system for dealing with geometric adjustments (like distortion) in combination with the spot/retouch tools. Glad you're finding that it helps.
Before the 3.5 fix, I had reordered my workflow and put geometric corrections at the end to avoid the slow down. Now, I'm back to my normal workflow, thanks a million for that.