Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: cunim on September 30, 2011, 12:17:05 pm

Title: leaving the cursor in the current directory
Post by: cunim on September 30, 2011, 12:17:05 pm
I import images from C1, putting recent C1 sessions into a single directory.  In LR, I go to the C1 session directory and synchronize.  So far so good.  I now have the C1 capture and output directories in LR.  Ideally, I would be able to avoid importing the capture directory by default but not a big deal.

Now I start working in the output directory - blending, stacking etc.  This requires that I resynchronize periodically to bring in newly saved files.  Every time I do this, the folder list cursor jumps up to the "previous import" position and shows me just the new files.   I don't want to see just the previous import because I am still working with the files in my working directory.  I want to see the entire working directory which means I need to reselect it.  That requires that I scroll down through dozens of directories in the folders list until I find the one I want.  Drives me bats.

Is there any way to have LR stay in the current directory (as opposed to jumping to previous import) when a synchronization is performed?

Title: Re: leaving the cursor in the current directory
Post by: john beardsworth on September 30, 2011, 01:00:36 pm
You can use Alt Ctrl and the left arrow to go back (Option Cmd left if on Mac). Also in the filmstrip the file path is shown - this is a list of previous folders.

John
Title: Re: leaving the cursor in the current directory
Post by: cunim on October 01, 2011, 09:16:05 am
Thanks John.  Works.  Life is good.

Peter