Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Josh-H on September 28, 2011, 08:38:24 am
-
Happened to me first time tonight when I went to export a file with an export preset that included a photoshop droplet action (Create a new layer and set a global saturation adjustment).
I've never seen the error before. Not sure it has any relevance, but I had just installed the X-rite colour checker passport plugin prior.
Closed and restarted Lightroom and the error repeats on the export preset - but not on any other export function.
Ideas?
Edit - I just realised, I also upgraded to OSX Lion since I last used the above export preset. I think that is most likely the culprit and its probably a permissions issue somewhere.
Any further thoughts or ideas greatly appreciated.
-
Happened to me first time tonight when I went to export a file with an export preset that included a photoshop droplet action (Create a new layer and set a global saturation adjustment).
I've never seen the error before. Not sure it has any relevance, but I had just installed the X-rite colour checker passport plugin prior.
Closed and restarted Lightroom and the error repeats on the export preset - but not on any other export function.
Ideas?
Edit - I just realised, I also upgraded to OSX Lion since I last used the above export preset. I think that is most likely the culprit and its probably a permissions issue somewhere.
Any further thoughts or ideas greatly appreciated.
I have yet to see this error message on my Macs. Does it happen also on other user accounts? Is there any error message in the Console? You could also try to delete Lightroom's pref files.
If it's a permission issue, the you could try to repair them.
-
Don't ask me what it means - but I found this error string in the console.....
-
I am starting to think this is some sort of Photoshop issue since when I select the export with preset with the droplet action for PS Lightroom actually does export the file to my desktop like it should. It just can't open it in PS; which sounds like a PS permissions issue?
As a matter of curiosity.. where does the Lightroom preference fill live in OSX Lion? I thought it was in Library / Preferences.... but I can't see it there at all and I thought it would be here:
Edit - Ahh... a trap for new players to OSX Lion. Lion defaults to hide the Library in the user directory - effectively locking you out from accessing the Lightroom preferences file. Found a way to restore the Library - enter: chflags nohidden ~/Library/ in a terminal window. Now I can actually see my Lightroom preferences file again.. I have to say, hiding the users library is a very 'windows' thing to do....
Back to the problem at hand.. any other thoughts?
-
Don't ask me what it means - but I found this error string in the console.....
I have no idea either!
But I found this discussion on Adobe forum (broken Facebook export) with similar error messages untagged string:
http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/facebook_export_in_lr_broken
You should perhaps post your question on that forum too.
-
Obviously there is an error happening but I wouldn't pay too much attention to what the error message says. A lot of Lightroom processes are run within "tasks" and it's pretty standard for its error messages to refer to "assertion" in such helpful terms.
John
-
Well I have tried just about everything - trashed the preference file, optimised the catalogue, updated to the new 3.5 version and even the new camera raw version and still seeing the same error on this particular export preset (and only this one preset)
Amazingly, one of my other export presets, with a different photoshop droplet action is working just fine; so I feel the issue is related to the specific export droplet for that specific preset (for whatever bizarre reason). To wit, I am deleting the preset and will recreate it - the 'blunt instrument' approach ;D
-
…To wit, I am deleting the preset and will recreate it - the 'blunt instrument' approach ;D
Sometimes, it's the best possible way to circumvent "weird" issues…
-
Agreed - and deleting the preset and then re-creating it and rebuilding the new droplet solved the problem. ;D