Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: walter.sk on September 27, 2011, 05:07:24 pm

Title: Epson 4900: High Whine?
Post by: walter.sk on September 27, 2011, 05:07:24 pm
I have printed out several pix on my new toy, and I'm thrilled so far.  One question, though: The printer is fairly quiet when printing but there is a high pitched, steady whine while printing.  Is that because of the vacuum device, or do I have a problem?
Title: Re: Epson 4900: High Whine?
Post by: Mark D Segal on September 27, 2011, 10:49:47 pm
I have printed out several pix on my new toy, and I'm thrilled so far.  One question, though: The printer is fairly quiet when printing but there is a high pitched, steady whine while printing.  Is that because of the vacuum device, or do I have a problem?

No you don't have a problem. This model is not as quiet as a 3800/3880. 
Title: Re: Epson 4900: High Whine?
Post by: JimGoshorn on September 28, 2011, 01:03:20 pm
On my 7900, I get that high pitched sound but it's only momentary as if the printer is doing some kind of check.

Jim
Title: Re: Epson 4900: High Whine?
Post by: SangRaal on September 28, 2011, 01:33:56 pm
I always get a high pitched whine (often located from within my wife ) when I have to buy new ink cartridges.
Title: Re: Epson 4900: High Whine?
Post by: Mark D Segal on September 28, 2011, 01:59:58 pm
I always get a high pitched whine (often located from within my wife ) when I have to buy new ink cartridges.

:-)
Title: Re: Epson 4900: High Whine?
Post by: walter.sk on September 28, 2011, 02:02:19 pm
I guess it's all right, then.  Never thought to see if it was my wife...
Title: Re: Epson 4900: High Whine?
Post by: jdoyle1713 on September 28, 2011, 10:13:38 pm
Thats The funnist comment I have seen in a long time..

Cheers
Jim Doyle
Shades Of Paper ;D