Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Colour Management => Topic started by: jhein on September 27, 2011, 01:19:50 pm

Title: One of the last mysteries of color management finally solved
Post by: jhein on September 27, 2011, 01:19:50 pm
What is the difference between Yellow-Green Crayola crayon and a Green-Yellow Crayola crayon? :D
Here is the answer when you play with your I1 spectro.
http://www.photo-mark.com/notes/2011/sep/20/crayon-colors/

enjoy
Jim
Title: Re: One of the last mysteries of color management finally solved
Post by: MarkM on September 28, 2011, 12:20:45 pm
Thanks for the plug Jim. Really, I was just screwing around and meant this in a light-hearted way. I certainly didn't expect this to get picked up by slashdot, wired, techdirt, et. all. I probably would have been a little more scientific had I thought it was going have an audience beyond the handful of blog readers. 
Title: Re: One of the last mysteries of color management finally solved
Post by: RazorTM on September 30, 2011, 05:57:54 am
Mark, what software did you use to get spot readings from the i1 spectrophotometer?
Title: Re: One of the last mysteries of color management finally solved
Post by: KirbyKrieger on September 30, 2011, 11:04:34 am
That was as much fun as I've had on-line in a while.

Nicely done.   8)
Title: Re: One of the last mysteries of color management finally solved
Post by: MarkM on September 30, 2011, 11:28:36 am
Mark, what software did you use to get spot readings from the i1 spectrophotometer?

I used spotread, which is part of the ArgyllCMS package. With the -s and -S flags you can print or plot the spectral the data. Also the -H flag gives you high-res data if the instrument supports it.

Title: Re: One of the last mysteries of color management finally solved
Post by: John.Murray on September 30, 2011, 01:56:05 pm
Nice!  A print of this has just taken a place of honor above my printer :D