Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Colour Management => Topic started by: tived on September 26, 2011, 10:40:02 pm

Title: Need some help - I have iOnePro Basic, but want to upgrade...
Post by: tived on September 26, 2011, 10:40:02 pm
Hi Guys,

I have the iOnePro Basic kit, which is really baisc. I have been looking at x-rite;s site and I am finding really confusing, and I can't really work out my upgrade path so I was wondering if anyone in the known... could please help.

I would like to be able to calibrate my printer, and if possible take color samples and read them  and analyse them well compare them to a known.

it would be nice to calibrate my TV, projector, camera and scanner, but these are really secondary things, as i think the camera calibration sounds very complex but never the less, it would be interesting if i could.

where do i go and also I am in Australia just in-case someone is selling only the the lower-48 (why would you only sell to a limited geo-location! is beyond me!)

I appreciate your time and help

thanks

Henrik
Title: Re: Need some help - I have iOnePro Basic, but want to upgrade...
Post by: PhilipCummins on September 27, 2011, 05:08:12 am
I have the iOnePro Basic kit, which is really baisc. I have been looking at x-rite;s site and I am finding really confusing, and I can't really work out my upgrade path so I was wondering if anyone in the known... could please help.

where do i go and also I am in Australia just in-case someone is selling only the the lower-48 (why would you only sell to a limited geo-location! is beyond me!)

AFAIK the only upgrade path with your existing hardware is to purchase the i1 Publish Upgrade B option here (http://www.xrite.com/product_overview.aspx?ID=1472) for RRP $900 US. From what other people have said, the i1 Match module upgrades are no longer available. (However, best to check for yourself as well - some i1 Basic's that had been module upgraded can qualify for Upgrade A instead). Either way, the new i1Profiler software doesn't do camera or scanner profiling at this point.

In Australia Image Science (http://www.imagescience.com.au/products/X%252drite-i1Publish-Upgrade.html), DES PL (https://store.des-pl.com.au/desdirect/item_detail.aspx?ItemCode=XREOPROFUGRB&CategoryCode=6572) or Kayell (http://www.kayellaustralia.com.au/static/eyeone/index.html?subsub=EYEONE) are able to sell the upgrades however you would find it cheaper overseas in USA.

It's definitely also worthwhile having a look at the Argyll CMS tools, they work with your i1 Pro and are quite powerful but require quite a bit of time to learn.
Title: Re: Need some help - I have iOnePro Basic, but want to upgrade...
Post by: Alan Goldhammer on September 27, 2011, 08:16:38 am
It's definitely also worthwhile having a look at the Argyll CMS tools, they work with your i1 Pro and are quite powerful but require quite a bit of time to learn.
+1 on the ArgyllCMS suggestion.  There is also a very active user group who can answer most all the questions you have. 
Title: Re: Need some help - I have iOnePro Basic, but want to upgrade...
Post by: tived on September 28, 2011, 05:07:19 am
Thanks guys, I will have a look at Argyll CMS

I much appreciate your insight

thanks

Henrik