Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Colour Management => Topic started by: massimike on September 25, 2011, 04:22:08 am

Title: Colormunki photo and basICColor software with Mac Pro
Post by: massimike on September 25, 2011, 04:22:08 am
I happened to try basiccolor software with now compatibility with colormunki photo. The only problem is I cannot have it work with that software as it told me that it cannot find the instrument. I read somewhere that you need to unflag option in the System preference under xRite icon so that the colormunki proprietary software does not interfere with basiccolor software but it still does not work!
Any idea of how to solve this problem?
Title: Re: Colormunki photo and basICColor software with Mac Pro
Post by: howardm on September 25, 2011, 08:57:25 am
once you turn off the XRite services in System Preferences, are you telling BasICColor to rescan to look for a device?

You *might* want to turn the XRite services s/w off BEFORE you actually attach the device.

I've not had any problem w/ that same combination (on my iMac).
Title: Re: Colormunki photo and basICColor software with Mac Pro
Post by: massimike on September 25, 2011, 12:43:37 pm
I turn the CMP off in system preferences and I start basiccolor to ask to find the device. Software reply reports 0 and it tells no device found :(
Maybe a s/w reinstallation would be good to go? Dunno!!!!
Title: Re: Colormunki photo and basICColor software with Mac Pro
Post by: howardm on September 25, 2011, 01:41:44 pm
maybe but also make sure you dont have the Munki in calibrate position when connecting (wild guess).

what version of BasICC. do you have?  .22 or .28?
Title: Re: Colormunki photo and basICColor software with Mac Pro
Post by: Czornyj on September 25, 2011, 02:38:16 pm
There's a bug in 4.1.28 and CM won't work in this version. Try using 4.1.22.
Title: Re: Colormunki photo and basICColor software with Mac Pro
Post by: massimike on September 25, 2011, 03:35:46 pm
this is a problem coz I cannot find v.4.1.22 as on their website the only link to s/w is th 4.1.28. Any idea how can I find it as a trial? I hope the 14days license for the 4.1.28 works also for the 4.1.22.
Title: Re: Colormunki photo and basICColor software with Mac Pro
Post by: Czornyj on September 25, 2011, 03:58:09 pm
This version should work:
http://license.basiccolor.de/files/basICColor_display_424.dmg
Title: Re: Colormunki photo and basICColor software with Mac Pro
Post by: massimike on September 25, 2011, 04:11:31 pm
 :D Man you really deserve a big thank. I feel a bit dumb, maybe I did not search enough well. Thank you again. Let's see how CMP behaves with this s/w. If it is a good deal I will surely go for buying it.