Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: tonywong on September 22, 2011, 01:38:25 pm
-
I've been interested in trying out some metallic papers for a while but I'm not sure which one would work best for the z3100 in terms of gamut, finish, profiling and cost. Any suggestions?
Is the Kodak Endura VC Metallic suitable for the z3100? All I seem to hear about is the Kodak and Lexjet (Red River?) metallic papers. Is there a good place to buy this, especially for Canadians?
-
I've been very pleased with the results I've gotten with my Z3100 and the Proofline PhotoChrome paper, which is almost certainly the same Mitsubishi paper as the LexJet version (and some others). Sorry, but no suggestions regarding Canadian vendors, though.
-
Kodak's metallic paper is for wet process use only, not inkjet prints. All of the inkjet papers are made by the same company (Mitsubishi), so shop by price and availability. Your options include Lexjet, Red River, Pictorico, Proofline, and others I'm sure I'm forgetting. Here's links to my reviews:
http://www.danecreek.com/blog/2010/06/16/metallic-inkjet-paper-review-three-contenders-to-replace-kodak-endura-metallic.html
http://www.danecreek.com/blog/2010/7/9/metallic-inkjet-paper-review-part-2-proofline-photo-chrome-a.html
Neil
-
Thanks!
-
I did some work with the Z on the Photochrome media from Shades Of Paper. com. It worked really well. No complaints at all. No gloss diff or bronzing issues with it and great gamut and resolution. I believe there are about 4 versions of this media being sold under different names by different companies. My understanding is that it is all the same stuff made by Mitsubishi.
Thanks for reminding me about it. I've got to do some more work with it. It's very cool and price is good.
john