Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Riaan van Wyk on September 19, 2011, 02:08:03 pm

Title: Last stand
Post by: Riaan van Wyk on September 19, 2011, 02:08:03 pm
Your thoughts please?
Title: Re: Last stand
Post by: wolfnowl on September 19, 2011, 04:15:43 pm
Well, I like the star in the bottom left, but the rest doesn't do much for me...

Mike.
Title: Re: Last stand
Post by: RSL on September 19, 2011, 05:32:06 pm
Riaan, It's an interesting try, but at f/11 and ISO 100 shutter speed was too slow to prevent the smear of the blowing fronds. Better to jack the ISO in a situation like that and let post-processing take care of the noise.
Title: Re: Last stand
Post by: Riaan van Wyk on September 20, 2011, 12:59:20 am
Thanks for looking Mike, Russ. It is appreciated.

Russ, the movement in the grass was captured intentionally, therefore the settings. I was trying to not make the scene static. 
Title: Re: Last stand
Post by: wolfnowl on September 20, 2011, 02:11:27 am
In case you were wondering what I was on about...

Title: Re: Last stand
Post by: popnfresh on September 20, 2011, 03:28:41 pm
In case you were wondering what I was on about...


It's a bit too thin to hang a composition on, I'm sorry to say. Technically, however, I can't fault the shot.