Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: StuartOnline on September 17, 2011, 04:45:29 pm

Title: Lightroom with XRite ColorChecker PassPort Error
Post by: StuartOnline on September 17, 2011, 04:45:29 pm
For some reason after installing OS X Lion when trying to use X-Rite ColorChecker software within Lightroom 3 I receive the following error:

-------------------------------------------------------
The profile could not be created.

The application could not auto-detect the crop marks. Manually cropping the image around the ColorChecker may correct this problem. If crop marks are still not auto-detected, try using the desktop ColorChecker Passport application. For further information please click on the Learn More button.
--------------------------------------------------------

Never had a problem with ColorChecker software until I installed Lion. Any idea what may be causing this to happen?

Stu
Title: Re: Lightroom with XRite ColorChecker PassPort Error
Post by: aduke on September 17, 2011, 05:07:56 pm
This is a normal error message when the software cannot detect the patch array in the image.  I've had this error on a couple of occasions, once when the Passport was upside down.

This is not to say that this isn't an Lion problem, but perhaps you should try an image that has been accepted before by the software.

Alan
Title: Re: Lightroom with XRite ColorChecker PassPort Error
Post by: StuartOnline on September 17, 2011, 05:34:06 pm
This is a normal error message when the software cannot detect the patch array in the image.  I've had this error on a couple of occasions, once when the Passport was upside down.

This is not to say that this isn't an Lion problem, but perhaps you should try an image that has been accepted before by the software.

Alan

Well, good catch as the last shot I did (early this morning) it was upside down with the checker. Went and did another test with it right side up and it worked. However with that said I went back and looked at a number of other times I used the checker and some where upside down and it worked. Oh well go figure. May be it has something to do with Lion. From now on I will watch to make sure it is right side up. Thanks again!

Stu