Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: Mr. Rib on September 14, 2011, 05:05:00 pm

Title: Play in focussing ring of Hasselblad 50-110 lens - I need your opinions
Post by: Mr. Rib on September 14, 2011, 05:05:00 pm
Hi,

I'd like to know your experience with HC 50-110 lens. The focussing ring shows shows 1-2mm play in both focussing directions. Is that normal? Most of MF lenses I've used had some play, but I'd like to know other people experience with this lens. Thanks!
Title: Re: Play in focussing ring of Hasselblad 50-110 lens - I need your opinions
Post by: John.Williams on September 14, 2011, 09:46:32 pm
To clarify: when changing direction from clockwise to counter-clockwise?

John
Title: Re: Play in focussing ring of Hasselblad 50-110 lens - I need your opinions
Post by: Mr. Rib on September 15, 2011, 03:06:36 am
The play manifests when you start the rotation of the focussing ring. The inner party of  the barrel (the part where the distance information is printed on) starts to turn after slight movement (aforementioned 1-2mm) of the focussing ring. That's the play I'm experiencing. Thanks for your help

 
Title: Re: Play in focussing ring of Hasselblad 50-110 lens - I need your opinions
Post by: design_freak on September 15, 2011, 03:31:36 am
Sent e-mail to:
[email protected]

In my opinion: No , It is not normal
Title: Re: Play in focussing ring of Hasselblad 50-110 lens - I need your opinions
Post by: Frits on September 15, 2011, 07:32:50 pm
I checked it out and I think that I experience what you described.
Ever so slight play (really minimal) until it "catches" in the other direction.
I had never noticed this previously and very precise manual focusing is a breeze.
I add that I have a pristine copy of the lens, which has seen very little use.
Methinks that there is nothing to be concerned about.