Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Colour Management => Topic started by: K.C. on September 13, 2011, 11:57:29 pm

Title: Bought the i1Display Pro, then the 4900s went on sale, need to profile it
Post by: K.C. on September 13, 2011, 11:57:29 pm
I was cruising along nicely with my new 27" iMac calibrated by the new i1Display Pro and my 3800. Then the deal came along on the 4900s. So I bought one and now I need to profile it for Ilford and other manufacturers that don't supply good 4900 profiles.

So do I buy a ColorMunki and sell the i1Display Pro or move up to something better ?

Title: Re: Bought the i1Display Pro, then the 4900s went on sale, need to profile it
Post by: shewhorn on September 14, 2011, 12:38:43 am
I was cruising along nicely with my new 27" iMac calibrated by the new i1Display Pro and my 3800. Then the deal came along on the 4900s. So I bought one and now I need to profile it for Ilford and other manufacturers that don't supply good 4900 profiles.

So do I buy a ColorMunki and sell the i1Display Pro or move up to something better ?

I would recommend keeping what you have and hiring someone who has good eqiupment and experience building profiles to do it. You'll get much better results that way.

Cheers, Joe
Title: Re: Bought the i1Display Pro, then the 4900s went on sale, need to profile it
Post by: pikeys on September 14, 2011, 08:56:59 am
 KC,
  I strongly recommend  Eric..he does excellent profiling.

    http://people.csail.mit.edu/ericchan/photos/profiles.html


Mike

Title: Re: Bought the i1Display Pro, then the 4900s went on sale, need to profile it
Post by: digitaldog on September 14, 2011, 10:22:50 am
So do I buy a ColorMunki and sell the i1Display Pro or move up to something better ?

Only if you think you’ll end up making a lot more custom profiles. Then the ColorMunki Spectrophotometer would work well for that printer (and the iMac).
Title: Re: Bought the i1Display Pro, then the 4900s went on sale, need to profile it
Post by: K.C. on September 15, 2011, 11:21:29 pm
Thanks for the replies !

Now the big decision. How many profiles will I need to make ?