Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: SeanBK on September 10, 2011, 08:38:22 pm

Title: Portfolio app for iPad
Post by: SeanBK on September 10, 2011, 08:38:22 pm
The current issue of 'Pdn' has "Top Ten Portfolio apps for iPad". I am not sure which would be the best, so I thought of asking you guys. Any thoughts?
  I thought 'Pixelwand's Valise' & 'Xtrafolio' seems to be quite good.
   Any thoughts would be nice as I think iPad2 can handle & display a fairly decent quality, but it sure can be darn convenient.
     Sean
Title: Re: Portfolio app for iPad
Post by: Nick-T on September 11, 2011, 06:12:50 pm
My favourite by a long way is foliobook:


http://www.foliobook.mobi/

Nick-T
Title: Re: Portfolio app for iPad
Post by: Phil Indeblanc on September 12, 2011, 12:03:46 am
I'm rather happy with Photo manager Pro.

I paid the few bucks for it.
I like the folders the copy, the titling. Only thing that keeps me from loving the app, is the splash screen "Linkus", which I was hoping it was editable, but I don't think so.
In slide show you can have music if you want with a few options for transition. choice of showing captions, shuffle, time set for each slide, show metadata, and filename,..Even has a password protect if you want. Then it also has search capabilities, Fav list.  So if there is a feature this doesn't have, I'd like to know what it is in case I am missing something :-)
Title: Re: Portfolio app for iPad
Post by: SeanBK on September 12, 2011, 12:23:25 am
Thanks Nick.
    I have been eyeing 'Foliobook' & 'Foliolink'. Foliolink seems rather expensive, while Foliobook u sugest seems doable. I have a custom designed website > vintagecarphotography dot com, but it is a flash site, so no go on iPads. :(
   I guess Foliobook probably will have to do for now.  Thank you for your input.
    Sean
Title: Re: Portfolio app for iPad
Post by: SeanBK on September 12, 2011, 12:25:20 am
Sounds reasonable but not being able to delete "linkus' flash screen may be a deal breaker, but will check it out.
 Thank u.
Title: Re: Portfolio app for iPad
Post by: selsoe on September 14, 2011, 08:19:04 am
Foliozo also looks pretty sleek:
http://itunes.apple.com/dk/app/foliozo/id441482241?mt=8
Title: Re: Portfolio app for iPad
Post by: Rob Reiter on September 14, 2011, 12:55:25 pm
Second the vote for Foliobook. And not the least for their responsive support.

http://www.foliobook.mobi/
Title: Re: Portfolio app for iPad
Post by: Barkeeper on September 15, 2011, 04:55:06 am
What about the free Zenfolio iPad app?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjA0kv6mYwI

(You will need a payed Zenfolio account.)

Barkeeper