Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: billthecat on September 10, 2011, 12:19:41 am

Title: Anyone use DXO filmpack for large files?
Post by: billthecat on September 10, 2011, 12:19:41 am
Hello,

I have a memory error (DxO FilmPack muse close because there is not enough memory available...) when using the FilmPack 3 trial version with 50 mega pixel files. 16 GB RAM Win7 Pro 64 bit. TIFFs wouldn't open, so I used JPEGs, but then it won't save correctly (I get a black image) and gives a memory error. Previews didn't work with the 50 mega pixel files. This is after I restarted my computer and just used the FilmPack.

It worked fine with my 22 mega pixel files.

Anyone have an idea? I'm wondering if it is the software itself or something on my end.

Thanks,
Bill
Title: Re: Anyone use DXO filmpack for large files?
Post by: jimgolden on September 11, 2011, 06:51:57 pm
i have a paid upgrade and have the same issue. i emailed them, you should too, the old software (V2) handles them just fine but the interface sucks and no batching, presets, etc...
Title: Re: Anyone use DXO filmpack for large files?
Post by: jimgolden on September 11, 2011, 06:52:30 pm
i'm on a mac 10.7 (that Lion sucks too)
Title: Re: Anyone use DXO filmpack for large files?
Post by: billthecat on September 12, 2011, 01:49:20 am
Thanks for the info. I'll contact them. It looks like a problem with their software. Hopefully a future version will fix it.

Bill