Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: hacimd on September 07, 2011, 02:43:22 pm
-
Is it possible to network multiple EPSON printers with an existing network? Does anyone know where I could find information on the specifications of this? I'm trying to find out if others have had experience doing this. I'm sure it depends on the existing network. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
-
We have four Epson LF with build-in Ethernet Cards , hooked on the network.
Mac workstations and connected via Bonjour.
1 Gb Ethernet.
The thing that matter is if the printers have the capability to enable Network Settings.
Or do you think about Shared Printers?
/Sven
-
if they all have ethernet interfaces, it's pretty simple to assign static IP addresses to each and have each computer on the network instantiate all of the printers. You could go the print server route but it's more complex.