Luminous Landscape Forum

Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: ihv on September 06, 2011, 09:46:42 am

Title: Sony Tablet S - Anything for Photographers?
Post by: ihv on September 06, 2011, 09:46:42 am
I think in general it is the question of Android platform rather than any specific tablet model running Android.
As soon as hardware is sufficient/Android platform more mature I bet we see existing RAW software makers to introduce a version for Android (and Apple tablet OS) as well.

Best wishes,
Ivar

Title: Re: Sony Tablet S - Anything for Photographers?
Post by: Faintandfuzzy on September 06, 2011, 10:48:52 am
I definitely think it has something for photographers over the iPad2.  When I go to many of the photography websites I like to view, I can't see them on the iPad2.....because Apple has its knickers in a knot over Flash.
Title: Re: Sony Tablet S - Anything for Photographers?
Post by: MatthewCromer on September 06, 2011, 02:09:05 pm
Actually it's because flash is a steaming pile of manure on mobile devices. . .
Title: Re: Sony Tablet S - Anything for Photographers?
Post by: PierreVandevenne on September 06, 2011, 03:59:32 pm
I consume a lot of flash on my android and haven't had to take a shower yet.
Title: Re: Sony Tablet S - Anything for Photographers?
Post by: John.Murray on September 09, 2011, 12:18:17 am
android is a fragmented mess, whats worse are malicious apps continuously showing up in the marketplace, let alone staying current:

http://www.formortals.com/google-android-6-stage-update-process/

Unless/Until Google takes firm control of it's O/S, including a rational system of security and O/S updates - I'll pass