Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: hjulenissen on September 05, 2011, 03:17:49 pm

Title: Countryside
Post by: hjulenissen on September 05, 2011, 03:17:49 pm
Interested to hear what you like and dislike about this, especially what I might have done differently.
Title: Re: Countryside
Post by: RSL on September 05, 2011, 05:24:55 pm
Follow the yellow blue road?
Title: Re: Countryside
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on September 05, 2011, 07:58:40 pm
I would have liked a bit more on the right, to show blue road #1 joining (or turning into) blue road #2.
Title: Re: Countryside
Post by: francois on September 06, 2011, 02:43:29 am
I like it as it is. The warm light offers a good contrast with the blue road. I'm not too bothered by the lack of space on the right. I probably make a virtual connection and see the just one road and not two merging roads.
Title: Re: Countryside
Post by: hjulenissen on September 06, 2011, 06:47:09 am
Thank you for the kind response.

My thoughts:
-The sky is hot exposed, but there really was nothing interesting to be seen there. Not shure how to treat it in lightroom
-I have used a software "GND" to even out the light, and played with colors to make it look more like I remember it. Not sure if I went overboard
-What intrigued me with the scene was how the trees looked with strong, yellow-cast side-lighting. Not sure if the image conveys that.
Title: Re: Countryside
Post by: Justan on September 06, 2011, 11:32:15 am
I really like this image. Were this mine I would darken the sky a bit, but only a bit, and to bring out the cloud details and other details a little more, I’d sharpen the image a tad as well.