Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: BernardLanguillier on September 05, 2011, 05:01:22 am

Title: A few wet images...
Post by: BernardLanguillier on September 05, 2011, 05:01:22 am
My friends,

A few images shot last weekend under the influence of typhoon Talas.

(http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6191/6110939996_e3763a0fa7_o.jpg)

(http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6085/6110299979_f27b7b0c8b_o.jpg)

(http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6064/6110469751_03821f6521_o.jpg)

More after the link.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/72157627587371934/

Cheers,
Bernard
Title: Re: A few wet images...
Post by: Josh-H on September 05, 2011, 06:42:32 am
Love the driving rain in the 2nd one - that really gives me the feeling of stormy weather.
Title: Re: A few wet images...
Post by: shutterpup on September 05, 2011, 12:37:11 pm
#2 is a winner for me as well.
Title: Re: A few wet images...
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on September 05, 2011, 01:41:24 pm
I find the layering in the third very appealing but they're all impressive.

Jeremy
Title: Re: A few wet images...
Post by: RSL on September 05, 2011, 05:33:33 pm
Atmospheric perspective in #2 and #3 is unusually good, and I agree with Josh: #2 is a standout. But I'll vote for #3. Look at the diagonal made by the slant of that feral bonsai tree that escaped from captivity and grew. Look at the diagonals made by the hillsides. They all point to the sharply rendered surfer. The whole thing is unusually good composition. Bravo, Bernard!
Title: Re: A few wet images...
Post by: louoates on September 05, 2011, 07:08:16 pm
Atmospheric perspective in #2 and #3 is unusually good, and I agree with Josh: #2 is a standout. But I'll vote for #3. Look at the diagonal made by the slant of that feral bonsai tree that escaped from captivity and grew. Look at the diagonals made by the hillsides. They all point to the sharply rendered surfer. The whole thing is unusually good composition. Bravo, Bernard!

Not to mention the surfboard pointing to the tree! Very nice indeed.
Title: Re: A few wet images...
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on September 05, 2011, 07:51:50 pm
"Unusually good composition" seems to come naturally to Bernard.

Number 3 is my favorite, too.

Eric
Title: Re: A few wet images...
Post by: BernardLanguillier on September 05, 2011, 11:51:55 pm
Thanks for your kind words gentlemen, I'd say that luck was definitely on my side. :)

What if he had carried his board the other way around...  ;D

Cheers,
Bernard
Title: Re: A few wet images...
Post by: Justan on September 06, 2011, 11:57:46 am
I love storms and color so the colors especially of the sea but also of the greenery and the composition does it for me in #2
Title: Re: A few wet images...
Post by: mkuhns on September 07, 2011, 01:27:59 pm
nice composition in #3, great with the surfer and tree