Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: Gordon Buck on September 03, 2011, 01:59:23 pm

Title: No more Miranda DRI Pro for CS5 -- Replacement Actions or Plugins?
Post by: Gordon Buck on September 03, 2011, 01:59:23 pm
For years I used Fred Miranda's DRI plug-in to combine two exposures but now find that it will not work in Windows CS5 (I must not have been using it as often as I thought!).  I'd like to find a replacement plug-in, Action, or processing technique.

I dropped back to Michael's simple layer masking method for blending but got frustrated when attempting to make it into an Action.

I already have Photomatix and can use "fusion" or "tone compression" in Photomatix but am missing the simplicity of DRI Pro.

Any recommendations?
Title: Re: No more Miranda DRI Pro for CS5 -- Replacement Actions or Plugins?
Post by: ErikKaffehr on September 04, 2011, 01:23:15 am
Hi,

Thee is Merge to HDR in Photoshop CS5, it's more like Photomtics...

Best regards
Erik


For years I used Fred Miranda's DRI plug-in to combine two exposures but now find that it will not work in Windows CS5 (I must not have been using it as often as I thought!).  I'd like to find a replacement plug-in, Action, or processing technique.

I dropped back to Michael's simple layer masking method for blending but got frustrated when attempting to make it into an Action.

I already have Photomatix and can use "fusion" or "tone compression" in Photomatix but am missing the simplicity of DRI Pro.

Any recommendations?