Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Mark F on September 02, 2011, 08:48:00 pm
-
I'm trying to isolate all of my vertical images in a specific folder and its subfolders. When I use the aspect ratio filter under metatdata and hit "portrait" I still get all the landscape oriented images too. Does anyone have an idea what's going on? Is there some other setting that I might have inadvertently hit to cause this? I'm using LR3.
Thanks.
-
Works fine for me, Mark - Windows 7, 32-bit, LR 3.5 RC
Have you tried creating a smart collection to see what happens?
Mike.
-
I'm trying to isolate all of my vertical images in a specific folder and its subfolders. When I use the aspect ratio filter under metatdata and hit "portrait" I still get all the landscape oriented images too. Does anyone have an idea what's going on? Is there some other setting that I might have inadvertently hit to cause this? I'm using LR3.
Thanks.
I've also seen this problem. I, too, don't know why.
Alan
-
Quick update. I had hoped that the problem would disappear with the installation of v3.5, but no luck. I have noticed though that the problem only occurs with one of my camera bodies. Of course, it is the body I use 95% of the time. I do not understand why it would be the camera body though since the problem is relatively new and I have been using that camera body for several years. So whatever has changed is also effecting images that have been in the catalog since v2.2.
Still hoping that someone out there will have seen and solve this problem.
-
Problem solved. I posted this question on the Adobe forum and got the suggestion to run the "Update DNG Preview & Metadata" command and it fixes whatever it was that had broken. It takes a while as it does image by image so if you have this problem with a large catalog you may wish to run the command overnight.
An hour and a half later and it turns out that there is an even easier and less time consuming way. See Paul Sumberg's post at http://paulsumberg.com/2010/08/14/bug-alert-adobe-lightroom-and-work-around/
All you need to do is, with the search filters set at NONE and all the images chosen, rotate once to the left and then rotate once to the right. For whatever reason this too solves the problem.