Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: walter.sk on August 27, 2011, 12:22:20 pm

Title: Epson 4900 Roll Paper Weight
Post by: walter.sk on August 27, 2011, 12:22:20 pm
I'm coming down to a 17" printer from an HP Z3100 24" printer, and I have a number of 24" rolls, partially used, that I'd like to cut down to 17".  However, they range from 260gsm to 310 gsm in weight.  The 4900 user manual states in 2 places that roll paper is limited to 19.7 mils (.5mm) or 24lb (90 gsm).

Has anybody with a 4xxx series Epson used heavier roll paper successfully?  Or am I misinterpreting the specs?
Title: Re: Epson 4900 Roll Paper Weight
Post by: dgberg on August 27, 2011, 12:30:39 pm
I'm coming down to a 17" printer from an HP Z3100 24" printer, and I have a number of 24" rolls, partially used, that I'd like to cut down to 17".  However, they range from 260gsm to 310 gsm in weight.  The 4900 user manual states in 2 places that roll paper is limited to 19.7 mils (.5mm) or 24lb (90 gsm).

Has anybody with a 4xxx series Epson used heavier roll paper successfully?  Or am I misinterpreting the specs?

Yes you are confusing weight vs. thickness. All the pro Epsons pretty much handle the same papers. 19.7mil or.50mm is a thickness max. Very thick by the way.
The stainless steel I print on my 9900 is .22mm.
Title: Re: Epson 4900 Roll Paper Weight
Post by: walter.sk on August 27, 2011, 12:58:53 pm
Thanks for the reply.  Good to know.