Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: graeme on August 25, 2011, 09:21:07 am

Title: Adobe AIR problems
Post by: graeme on August 25, 2011, 09:21:07 am
Hello guys

I could do with some help here.

Every time I try to access the Photoshop ( or Illustrator or Bridge ) 'Help' menu I get the Adobe help icon bouncing in the Dock. When I click on it I get this message:

'This installation of this application is damaged. Try re-installing or contacting the publisher for assistance.'

I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times but no change. I've also repaired permissions, ran Onyx & verified the startup disc. I've also had a look at the AIR forum on Adobes site and had a go at some solutions suggested there but that forum is very tecchy - seems mostly aimed at developers

I haven't noticed any other problems with the computer.

I can live without the Help menu in Photoshop but I'd like to get it working for Illustrator as I'm trying to get up to speed with the app & it's a bugger to learn. I also need to get it working so that I can have a go at the new Muse app.

My system:

Mac Pro 2 x dual core 2.66GHz 12GB RAM OSX 10.6.8

Thanks in advance

Graeme
Title: Re: Adobe AIR problems
Post by: francois on August 25, 2011, 09:43:59 am
Graeme,
What happens when you use a different user account?
Title: Re: Adobe AIR problems
Post by: graeme on August 25, 2011, 12:01:22 pm
Francois

Thanks for the reply

It's exactly the same when I use a different user account.

Graeme
Title: Re: Adobe AIR problems
Post by: francois on August 25, 2011, 12:26:35 pm
Graeme,
I have no idea but any error messages in the Console when you use the Help menu?
Title: Re: Adobe AIR problems
Post by: graeme on August 25, 2011, 02:35:08 pm
Francois

I have little or no understanding of the Console but I found this

25/08/2011 19:29:24   Adobe Help[1925]   NSDocumentController Info.plist warning: The values of CFBundleTypeRole entries must be 'Editor', 'Viewer', 'None', or 'Shell'.

Thanks again.

Graeme
Title: Re: Adobe AIR problems
Post by: francois on August 26, 2011, 03:58:14 am

Graeme,
I've never developed Air stuff but It look like a missing entry in the info file of the Adobe Help application might be causing the problem.

I found an article but it's a bit technical... So, I sent you a PM with some simplified instructions. If it doesn't work then you might want to contact Adobe support.
Title: Re: Adobe AIR problems
Post by: graeme on August 26, 2011, 02:21:54 pm
Francois

Thank you - it's working now.

Regards

Graeme
Title: Re: Adobe AIR problems
Post by: francois on August 27, 2011, 02:27:17 am
You're welcome, Graeme!

 :)