Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Luca Ragogna on August 25, 2011, 06:37:07 am

Title: BC Lyve dry down issues with 9890
Post by: Luca Ragogna on August 25, 2011, 06:37:07 am
My client has asked me to print black sides on a gallery wrap. My issue is that the area that I filled with black isn't drying down. The prints have been sitting for a day now and the black areas still smudge. I've never had this issue before with a normal photograph, even one that had large dark areas.

Here's every bit of relevant info that I can think of :
I'm printing on BC Lyve on an Epson 9890 with matte black ink.
The black areas are RGB 0,0,0 in Photoshop
Using a custom profile built with a Colormunki
My print settings are:
Rendering Intent: Perceptual
Black Point Compensation: On
Media type:  Watercolor Paper-Radiant White
Print Quality: SuperPhoto 2880 dpi
16-bit Output: On
High Speed: On
Platen Gap: Auto
The room temperature is between 20°C and 23°C
Humidity is between 46% and 55%

Thoughts?
Title: Re: BC Lyve dry down issues with 9890
Post by: Luca Ragogna on August 25, 2011, 12:24:28 pm
I got this response from BC

"You can lower the Color Density in the Epson driver, as this will effectively lower the overall ink capacity. If you dial it back -5 or -10 you should get the same output in terms of Dmax, but have it more controlled so the black ink dries."

I'll give it a go tonight.