Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: stamper on August 23, 2011, 04:52:57 am

Title: Brad and the zombies.
Post by: stamper on August 23, 2011, 04:52:57 am
Brad Pitt is shooting a movie about zombies in Glasgow, Scotland at the moment and some of the streets that resemble New York are closed off for using as backdrops. He is attracting a lot of attention from the locals. The casting for zombies didn't take long to achieve! I avoided being asked to join in but managed this effort. 99% of the shooters were looking for Brad or the zombies so I looked for them. The guy on the right is probably laughing at my puny little canon g12 which I used to shoot then shooting Brad. Hopefully Slobodan and Pop n' fresh are sleeping!
Title: Re: Brad and the zombies.
Post by: Peter McLennan on August 23, 2011, 10:36:43 am
Heh.  Nice shot. Poor bestids.

Next to weddings, this has got to be the least-fun type of photography.
Title: Re: Brad and the zombies.
Post by: RSL on August 23, 2011, 11:04:59 am
The phrase "motley crew" comes to mind.
Title: Re: Brad and the zombies.
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on August 23, 2011, 11:12:05 am
Seems like becoming a zombie manager is more lucrative than being a photographer these days? ;)

P.S. Anyone else noticing the correlation between the ladder height and lens size? Not sure how that correlates to putz size though. :D
Title: Re: Brad and the zombies.
Post by: Justan on August 23, 2011, 11:40:50 am
This capture shows something of why celebrities have a love/hate relationship with photographers, but it is remarkable how much $$ is tied up in the camera hardware on display.

Maybe it’s not so bad, being paparazzi?
Title: Re: Brad and the zombies.
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on August 23, 2011, 12:02:10 pm
... why celebrities have a love/hate relationship with photographers...

Which I find highly hypocritical (the hate part). Early in their careers, the wannabe celebrities would even pay paparazzi to be followed around. Mid-career, they are rather happy they are (followed). Only when they reach the A-list status they become so righteous about it.
Title: Re: Brad and the zombies.
Post by: Justan on August 23, 2011, 12:25:23 pm
> Which I find highly hypocritical (the hate part)….

Entirely. Celebrities have no reason to be less hypocritical than anyone else, but often have a career with a lot of long lenses aimed at it. All is generally good until a nose pick pfoto is published somewhere.

But it's mostly a game as the goal is to get the person down town to that city named Publicity.

Btw, in the spirit of this forum, as good as the original capture is, it might be way more suitable as a B&W, perhaps with a tad of blue toning to make it ageless and pick up the nuance of the jeans.  :)
Title: Re: Brad and the zombies.
Post by: stamper on August 24, 2011, 04:38:38 am
That is a suggestion worth looking at. :)
Title: Re: Brad and the zombies.
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on August 24, 2011, 08:34:30 am
P.S. Anyone else noticing the correlation between the ladder height and lens size? Not sure how that correlates to putz size though. :D

I own a treble extender...
Title: Re: Brad and the zombies.
Post by: Robert Roaldi on August 26, 2011, 12:14:59 pm
> Which I find highly hypocritical (the hate part)….

Entirely. Celebrities have no reason to be less hypocritical than anyone else, but often have a career with a lot of long lenses aimed at it. All is generally good until a nose pick pfoto is published somewhere.



Wouldn't you know, there are many sites full of pick pics like this: http://pictureschat.com/nose-picking-photos.html (http://pictureschat.com/nose-picking-photos.html)
Title: Re: Brad and the zombies.
Post by: Justan on August 26, 2011, 12:24:54 pm
^ I didn't know that  :D
Title: Re: Brad and the zombies.
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on August 26, 2011, 12:48:13 pm
^ I didn't know that  :D
I wish I still didn't.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Brad and the zombies.
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 26, 2011, 01:03:46 pm
I wish I still didn't.

Jeremy
+1.
Title: Re: Brad and the zombies.
Post by: RSL on August 26, 2011, 04:02:18 pm
I wish I still didn't.

Jeremy

+2 (at least)
Title: Re: Brad and the zombies.
Post by: stamper on August 27, 2011, 04:03:51 am
Better than nitpicking?