Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Computers & Peripherals => Topic started by: Philippe on August 22, 2011, 12:24:47 pm

Title: EIZO CG 243W
Post by: Philippe on August 22, 2011, 12:24:47 pm
A few weeks ago I bought a new EIZO (see above). After calibrating, I found that there was a kind of Magenta cast. So, I re-calibrated this monitor several times with deferent software (Eye-One Match, Color Edge v.5.4 and —v.6, and Datacolor Spyder3pro v.4.0.3)  and different colorimeters too (Eye-One 1 and the Spyder3Pro). Nothing changed, the Magenta cast is still there.
Then I uninstalled al this calibration software (MacKeeper), checked the Mac 1.1 OSX 10.6.8 (disk permissions and the rest) and started all over again to see that Magenta cast again.
What now?
Title: Re: EIZO CG 243W
Post by: Hening Bettermann on August 22, 2011, 04:01:29 pm
Hi Philippe,

I had the same problem, see this thread

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=40923.20

and jump right to the end - this magenta cast will vanish by itself in short time.

Enjoy your Eizo!
Title: Re: EIZO CG 243W
Post by: justiny on September 19, 2011, 04:03:09 pm
Damn... I should have read this post.
I'm in the same boat. Now Colormunki is on the way. In the meantime, i1 and Eizo Easy 1 are going back.
Let me know when you get it done.
Title: Re: EIZO CG 243W
Post by: Czornyj on September 20, 2011, 04:58:01 am
Damn... I should have read this post.
I'm in the same boat. Now Colormunki is on the way. In the meantime, i1 and Eizo Easy 1 are going back.
Let me know when you get it done.


I'd rather suggest to wait for ColorNavigator 6.1 and get X-Rite i1display pro