Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: mtomalty on August 21, 2011, 06:20:46 pm
-
Last week installed a small CS upgrade to get raw functionality for Fuji x100 raw's
Since then, I've been running into a number of odd performance issues when working in CS5
1st example-after creating an adjustment layer (curves) changes are not visible until I toggle the layers visibility OFF
and disappears once I click it active again.
When I flatten, the effect of the adjustment layer is implemented
2nd example- when using the spot healing brush for dust-busting work the 'heal' will not register until I mouse click on another spot.
If I do nothing the unhealed spot and indication of where I brushed remain. If I save the correct effect of the heal is applied.
This is using CS 12.0.4 on a 1.5 year old 27"imac (2.66 intel i5) running osx 10.6.2.
Up until earlier this week the machine was as fast as could be expected given the specs and was problem free using Lightroom and Capture One
Any ideas. Should I dump CS5 and reinstall or are there less dramatic remedies to consider?
Thanks,
Mark
www.marktomalty.com
-
You really, really should update to 10.6.8 because there were a lot of Apple bug fixes-some specific to fix bugs relating to Photoshop.
-
Thanks Jeff,
The recommended update sorted out the problems perfectly.
Mark