Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Hans Kruse on August 18, 2011, 04:01:35 pm

Title: Guide for cutting paper
Post by: Hans Kruse on August 18, 2011, 04:01:35 pm
Is it possible to add marks or guides on a template in Lightroom such that cutting an image after print can be aligned to these markers when a white border is needed around the print. This is for special paper sizes. The alternative is to cut the paper down to the size needed, but is there a way to do it the other way indicated here. I couldn't find a way to do this. There are crop marks but follow the cell size and therefore do not allow a border.

I hope I express this clearly ;)
Title: Re: Guide for cutting paper
Post by: aduke on August 18, 2011, 06:04:20 pm
Disclaimer: I've not actually tried to print using this idea, but the screen display seems to indicate that it will work.

In the Print module, select Custom Package. Then add a cell of the size of your final image, including the borders. Then add a cell inside of the first one, the size of the actual image.

Set Cut Guides in the Page tab.

I hope this works for you.

Alan