Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: fdisilvestro on August 18, 2011, 03:32:56 pm

Title: La Gran Sabana
Post by: fdisilvestro on August 18, 2011, 03:32:56 pm
Last year I went along with a school trip with my daugther to La Gran Sabana (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Gran_Sabana), which is part of Canaima National Park (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canaima_National_Park) in Venezuela. I compiled a selection of the images I took on that trip that I'll like to share.

All images taken with a Nikon D300, lenses: 70-200 2.8 VR (old model); 17-35 2.8 and some close ups with a Manual micro 105 2.8 AIs.

C & C highly appreciated

Just a few images here, the rest in this online gallery (http://www.profotoimpresa.com/Nature/Gran-Sabana/13712083_9zTWb)


Title: Re: La Gran Sabana
Post by: JohnBrew on August 18, 2011, 04:39:17 pm
Francisco, interesting images, nice vistas. Can you elaborate on what subject material I'm viewing in the second image?
Thanks, John
Title: Re: La Gran Sabana
Post by: fdisilvestro on August 18, 2011, 05:12:28 pm
John, thanks for your comments.

What you see in the second image is called "Jaspe" or the floor of "Quebrada Jaspe" or "Jaspe Creek". It is basically a rock formation of silica and quarz with a orange to red color. Since it is under water it looks even more saturated.

Here a couple more images of that creek