Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: RSL on August 17, 2011, 11:05:54 am

Title: Monday at the Penny Arcade
Post by: RSL on August 17, 2011, 11:05:54 am
He's trying hard to squeeze that grip into the sexy range, but it's a bridge a bit too far -- so far.
Title: Re: Monday at the Penny Arcade
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 17, 2011, 12:48:30 pm
That one is funny, Russ.
Title: Re: Monday at the Penny Arcade
Post by: popnfresh on August 17, 2011, 03:10:56 pm
Great shot, Russ.

That's what I call a truly low tech arcade machine. Do they actually charge money to play it?
Title: Re: Monday at the Penny Arcade
Post by: RSL on August 17, 2011, 04:44:58 pm
Yeah, they charge, Pop, but not much. All of the stuff in our local arcade is very old -- a lot of it going all the way back to not long after the turn of the last century, some of it possibly from even before that. Here are a couple of my favorite antiques. This is why I'm trying to get enough good photographs from the arcade to make a book. It's one of the last, if not the last of its kind in the U.S. The place has been jammed all summer but now the kids are back in school, so, today when I went down and shot some pictures it had thinned out. I'm going to have to try to set aside Saturdays as shooting days for the rest of the season.
Title: Re: Monday at the Penny Arcade
Post by: popnfresh on August 17, 2011, 05:38:52 pm
Yeah, they charge, Pop, but not much. All of the stuff in our local arcade is very old -- a lot of it going all the way back to not long after the turn of the last century, some of it possibly from even before that. Here are a couple of my favorite antiques. This is why I'm trying to get enough good photographs from the arcade to make a book. It's one of the last, if not the last of its kind in the U.S. The place has been jammed all summer but now the kids are back in school, so, today when I went down and shot some pictures it had thinned out. I'm going to have to try to set aside Saturdays as shooting days for the rest of the season.
Those machines look much cooler than the thing with the light bulbs.