Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: graeme on August 17, 2011, 06:27:02 am
-
We need to replace our trusty Canon inkjet. We're after a new Canon ( an ip4850 or a iX6550 )* but are royally p----d off by the price of the cartridges for them - the same price as the cartridges for our old printer but significantly smaller capacity.
Have any of you had experience with continuous ink supply systems?
We were considering a system from:
http://www.cityinkexpress.co.uk/
They have two ink options one of which is a Lyson system ( for which they offer a free profiling service ).
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Graeme
*Yeah I know - these aren't 'pro' printers but their output is perfectly acceptable for our needs and the requirements of our clients.
-
Lyson inks are fine but you should have profiles made for each paper type you are using. Don't know anything about cityinkexpress but there system appears to be the same type as others that I have seen and have experience with. Marrutt, who distribute Lyson in the UK has excellent customer service. They will spend all the time you need in answering any questions.
Good luck, Brian
-
Thanks Brian
I'll check Marrutt out.
I was planning on getting some profiles made.
Graeme