Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Paulo Bizarro on August 10, 2011, 03:50:00 am

Title: Some recent photos from Lisbon, Portugal
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on August 10, 2011, 03:50:00 am
Took my recently bought Olympus XZ-1 for a walk (it is a great little camera).

Kind regards.
Title: Re: Some recent photos from Lisbon, Portugal
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 10, 2011, 09:53:01 am
Nice shots. Your timing was just right in the third one. Russ should like it.

Eric
Title: Re: Some recent photos from Lisbon, Portugal
Post by: popnfresh on August 10, 2011, 11:26:55 am
I also like #3. It's too bad the kids are so underexposed, though. You might be able to compensate a little for that in post, but I'm afraid you're basically stuck with it.
Title: Re: Some recent photos from Lisbon, Portugal
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 10, 2011, 02:07:28 pm
I also like #3. It's too bad the kids are so underexposed, though. You might be able to compensate a little for that in post, but I'm afraid you're basically stuck with it.
I think the kids could be lightened up a bit, but it would take a lot of very careful masking and layers and much time. Could be worth a try.
Title: Re: Some recent photos from Lisbon, Portugal
Post by: RSL on August 10, 2011, 05:47:58 pm
I agree with Eric. With Photoshop or Lightroom, especially if you have Nik's Viveza plugin, it should be a piece of cake to make simple tonal changes in #3 that would get things back on an even keel. I like the shot. Good timing, Bizarro. And your dinner guests might enjoy the others when they visit.