Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: hacimd on August 08, 2011, 01:33:42 pm
-
Hello,
I am looking to see if anyone could share their experiences with incorporating Image Print RIP to an already existing network. I work at a University that has a an existing network, where students must log-on with a user name and password to use the computer stations. The ideal situation would allow upper level students, who have been trained on using the EPSON plotters, access to the printers-while we could keep track of their ink/paper usage.
Any information on using Image Print or another RIP system that has been incorporated in an already existing network is what I am looking for. Thank you!
-
I suggest you contact the people at ColorByte Software regarding your interests in ImagePrint.
There is an application called Audit Print for ImagePrint, which is logging such information you want.
Quote:
What is AuditPrint?
AuditPrint is a utility that will audit prints made with ColorByte’s ImagePrint software. (It will also
work with AutoPrint, the Hot Folder utility supplied with ImagePrint).
When a print job is audited, information about the job will be written to a text file, typically for billing
purposes. The text file can be in the form of a standard, tab delimited one, or a comma delimited
file suitable for importing into a database such as Microsoft Excel.
AuditPrint runs in the background, and is available for both Windows and Macintosh computers
currently running ImagePrint.
/Sven